When you are going for an interview the smallest mistake can actually cost you the job offer. Remember an interviewer’s first impression drives him/her to take a major decision.
Here are 5 great tips to create a lasting impression on the interviewer :-
1. Be formal – While going for an interview, you should always choose your attire very wisely. The first judgment will be made based on how you are portraying yourself. Just pick an outfit, which goes with the position that you are applying for. However, even if the interview is for a junior position, avoid wearing jeans and t-shirt for the session.
2. Prepare yourself before sitting in front of the interviewer – Complete your own homework, before you face the interviewer. During the session, the interviewer might try to know how much information you are having about the organisation. Research and gather information about the organisation where you have your interview scheduled. Plenty of information should be available online.
3. Don’t be late – It won’t hurt to reach the interview place 15 minutes before the interview time right? Some interviewers are hard pressed for time, therefore, you reaching late can actually cause trouble. Get out of home a little early and reach the spot before time.
4. Don’t intrude – The interview table belongs to the interviewer and the concerned person might not like your things placed on it. Try not to keep anything on the interviewers table, not even your hands.
5. Even the last impression lasts for a long time – You might be very confident that the interview went well but to seal the deal you need to part in a friendly way. Take some time out to say thank you, this will show your interest in the position as well as it will reflect a good etiquette.
During an interview even the minor things should be dealt with care. It is better to be well prepared before facing the interviewer. Remember this is your first step towards a great position, leave no stones unturned and give your best crack the same.